Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cats and Rats_day11





Walking to the orphanage this afternoon I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I stopped to admire these adorable kittens for sale and saw that I could pick up a couple of pet rats at the same time!!! I'm not sure what you think, my vote for cuteness went to the cats:)

We asked the proprietor if we could take a picture of the kittens and she kindly agreed and then bent down and started fluffing up the kittens and coaching them into the best pose possible for our shots. We thought this was also adorable and quite extraordinary. Soon we had attracted attention including a young girl who showed a strong interest in the kittens, but whose mother was less enthusiastic and quickly moved on, as the little girl looked back longingly.

Our visit with the girls was fun today as we added a new challenge in teaching them the game Yahtzee. They quickly took to shaking the dice in the cup and enjoying the clatter so that I was soon feigning deafness and putting my hands over my ears. They laughed and learned that to keep Mama happy they would only shake the cup a few times for each roll!

It was fun to see their interest in learning a new game, and as they both love math, they enjoyed adding up the points and making sense of the scoring. A few Yahtzee's were rolled and soon David had plans of taking the girls to Vegas (just kidding!!).

We are looking forward to tomorrow as our facilitator Galya is going to join us and we will be able to take the girls out for lunch again. After lunch we will be returning to the orphanage and joining Galya and the other children for a time of art projects. It should be great fun.

Thanks again for all your support!!! Lorelle and David

No comments:

Post a Comment